The Song Of A Pearl

Saturday, October 30, 2010




Me a pearl, you an ocean

Living together forever

In your heart is my abode

In my shine is your reflection

You sustain me, and nourish me

I am your pride, your honor

Your surging bottom spreads

The aurora of Love to my shell

Buried inside its crust I move

Responding to your call of Love



Crossing every frontier and limit

When this Love reaches you and me

Blind is the world that is unable to feel

The warmth it brings to you and me

They question, and argue and complain

I feel sorry for their doubtful souls



Those who are unable to

Appreciate the wonders of Love

Nature excludes them from

It’s Art of Creation

Dry remains in their souls

The seeds of Conception



The Universe desires to witness

The limits of God’s best creation

From the bond of Love, learn

Your aim, your goal, your destiny

And reveal unto the Worlds

Your boundless bounds…!


9 comments:

Akhtar Wasim Dar said...

This is great advancement and elevation from the last poem, everything here looking highly cultivated and prosperous.

Namrah Mahmood said...

Thank you so much Akhtar :)
I am pleased that u consider this one better than the previous :)
Thanks for coming!

ReeBz said...

Nice thoughts :)

Namrah Mahmood said...

Thanks a lot for coming and reading the post Reebz :)

Amiya chatterjee said...

Sounds very much like some poems of Rabindranath,
the great bengali poet.
This thought of the finites and the infinity.
Beautiful !

Namrah Mahmood said...

@Amiya
Thanks for praising.
But unfortunately I have never read Rabindranath. Would u please like to share anything written by him, so that I benefit from his thoughts. Regards :)

Amiya chatterjee said...

It will be a pleasure for me to transliterate some of his poems for you. I hasten to say : Translation is a difficult job specially in to english which you may have noticed is short of words that we need .You will suggest the way that I can share thse poems/songs.Gmail might be helpful though.( I think)

Namrah Mahmood said...

yes Gmail is a good option, and I agree with u that translation is a really trying job... and I thank you for deciding to help me and benefit me from the translations of the works of Rabindranath. Thanks!

Amiya chatterjee said...

I have posted a song by Rabindranath Thakur ( tagore)
in my blog.Please have alook.
Also get in touch with me if you can in Gmail
My address is amiyachatterjee@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Please share what you think about the post :) Thanks!